Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bom Appetit!


Bom Appetit!

People have been asking how my vacation in Portugal was.  My standard reply?  I ate well, I drank well, I had a fabulous time.  And I truly did - though you may disagree when you see some of the things I tried.  Grilled octopus, well, that's nothing new to me. Sardines, well, they were bigger than I expected.  They weren't the small fit-in-a-tin-can type, but still had tons of tiny bones making them harder to eat.  The eels?  Well, um, that's a different story.  I've had eel sushi, but these were tiny eels, fried up in oil.  The fried up part was good -- hey, I'm from Wisconsin. I like my fried food -- but when my friend Laura pointed out to me that they had tiny little heads looking back at me, well that's when I gave up.  I stuck to the delicious fish soup, the bread, the portuguese cheese... Yup, I ate well.  And did I mention how much I loved the tiny tarts?






On an unrelated note, you (hopefully) noticed that I made some changes to this website.  I figured it was time for a much needed makeover.  But like a girl getting ready to go out, who's not sure she likes what she's got on, I'm not sure I like this current look.  Don't be surprised if it changes.  And, hey, if you like what you see, leave a comment and let me know.




(Portugal, photographed June 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment