Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Flor!



 As you may be noticing based on the steady stream of posts about Portugal, I took a lot of photographs while on vacation.  Traveling with another photographer meant that it was (generally) not annoying if I stopped and snapped a shot whenever something caught my eye.  And, well, lots of things caught my eye.  Like flowers.  I loved these tiny red ones that we saw at a quinta.  They looked like they were made out of crinkly tissue paper - very much like the red tissue paper poppies that the VWF sells in front of stores in remembrance of our veterans.

But this one of the sunflowers is one of my favorite photos of the trip.  I saw these sunflowers at a market in Porto that Laura and I visited one morning and am just so smitten with how the photograph turned out.  I wish every photo I took came out so perfect.




These next two photos were taken at the romantic pousada that Laura and I stayed out while in the Douro River Valley (more on that later!).  The place had a beautiful rose garden out front and, of course, we wandered through it taking photos.




(Portugal, photographed June 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment