Friday, April 9, 2010

The Forbidden City



As some of you may know, I traveled to China a lot for work a couple years ago. I went there five times in that many months. It was an exciting and very interesting time to be traveling to China, in the months leading up to the 2008 Beijing Olympics, when China was getting ready to show herself to the world.

Although my workload was demanding, I made sure on one of my last trips to build in a weekend just for me to see the sites in Beijing that I hadn't yet gotten around to see.  And I lucked out on my chosen weekend.  It was a gorgeous day when I walked around the Forbidden City by myself.  Of course, it didn't feel quite so forbidden any more as it was crawling with mobs of tourists clustered around and clamoring to see the various buildings.  But I happened to find some quiet corners of this massive former palace to take some photos and reflect on just how lucky I was to be there.
















(Forbidden City in Beijing, China, photographed May 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment