Sunday, January 2, 2011

Over the River and Through the Woods...


As I mentioned here, my dad and I ventured to Eagle River, Wisconsin, to see some of my relatives for Christmas.  In particular, my dad wanted to surprise his mother -- my grandmother Ethel -- with this holiday visit.  Because of various reasons, we hadn't seen her for Christmas in a really, really long time.  Too long of a time, in fact.  But rather than let her know that we would be there for Christmas, we instead simply showed up unannounced at her front door, presents in hand, on Christmas Eve.  (We had checked with my aunt that Grandma would be around, of course.  Didn't want the trip to be a complete waste).  I was just a tinsy-bit concerned that we would surprise Grandma a little too much, but no one keeled over from a shock-induced coronary during our visit, thankfully.  Grandma was tickled pink to see us, and we were happy to see her as well.  We talked and laughed, opened presents and posed for pictures.  Although Grandma as shy before my big camera, I still managed to take some nice portraits during our weekend holiday visit. 




(Grandmother Ethel, photographed December 2010)


No comments:

Post a Comment