I wouldn't ever say that winter is my favorite season. It's not. It's cold and dreary and, while I enjoy snow when it frst falls, it just gets grey and gross way too quickly in New York. However, there are some things about the season that I adore. Here are some of the things that have made me smile so far.
1. Hikes in the snow with friends.
2. First kisses at winter weddings.
3. Cups of hot cocoa with whip cream (and bourbon!)
4. Wisconsin barns as seen from the side of the road.
5. And snowmobiling in the snowmobile capital of the world, Eagle River, Wisconsin.
(Various locations, photographed December 2010 and January 2011)