Friday, August 13, 2010

Strike a Pose


As a photographer I consider myself very lucky to have a friend who loves to be a model.  My wonderful friend Katy blogs about style and food on the superfabulous Sugarlaws.  Although she can and sometimes does take photos herself using a tripod and remote control, we often go out into the city and do our own vogue-esque fashion shoots for her blog.  And I can't tell you who loves these afternoons more - me or Katy.  Her husband, on the other hand, thinks the both of us are just nuts.

But it really keeps my creative juices flowing to spend a couple hours roaming around the city with Katy, looking for interesting locations for our shoots and trying out different compositions and framings.  Lately I've found myself studying other fashion blogs for ideas, watching America's Next Top Model marathons on tv for inspiration (they do some very interesting shoots, seriously), and flipping through glossy magazines.  I really like fashion photography.

These are just a sampling of some of the photographs Katy and I have done together.  For more, check out Sugarlaws.














(Katy, photographed in various NYC locales, Summer 2010)

2 comments:

  1. we have all the same favorites! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one with the striped flooring and the black dress. Such a cool contrast.

    GLOSSING OVER IT

    ReplyDelete