Sunday, February 20, 2011

Inspiration Station


Hi again.  It's been awhile.

There was a bit of a hiatus in posting.  Three weeks, in fact.  With work and friends and a surprisingly active social calender, I didn't have the time or energy to organize any posts.  What's worse is that I wasn't even taking photos.  I was uninspired.  Blame it on the snow, the cold weather, the grey days...  I didn't feel like taking out my camera, because, really, what was I going to take a photo of? The dirty, slushy streets? The garbage that sat outside for days waiting for pick up?  One word.  Gross.

But then something changed.



The weather became decidedly spring-like.  Mind you, it was only for a weekend.  But what a glorious, lovely, long weekend it was.  I took the train from nyc to dc, to visit my friend Meghan (aka my cruising bestie).  We bopped all around dc, and suddenly I felt inspired.  Maybe it was sun, maybe it was all the time outdoors, but, let me tell you, I took a lot of photos.  Including these.  Which generally don't involve the sun or the outdoors, despite my prior comment.  Apparently, I was also inspired by the dc underground, too. 

FYI - these were all taken with my iphone, using the instagram app (a new favorite of mine). 



 







 
(Metro, Washington D.C., photographed February 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment