Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lensbaby-baby



This is Lensbaby-baby, or as I like to call it, lensbaby-squared (yes, I am a nerd).

As you might recall from this post, I recently bought a new lens system for my camera called a lensbaby.  I'm still learning how it works and trying out the various optics that can be swapped in and out of the lens body.  Like swatches back in the day, you can easily switch the parts depending on your mood.  So when my friend Nicole asked me to take photos of her baby girl Greta, I thought it would be a good opportunity to play around some more with the lensbaby.


Although it may not be everyone's favorite (I know a certain friend of mine calls lensbaby photos all a blurry mess), I like how these photos turned out.  Real dreamy and with soft focus.  Yes, soft focus - not blurry.  And if you look at the bottom photo closely or enlarge it, you can see some stars in Greta's eyes (seriously, I have a creative aperture disc that is star shaped that creates that effect.  Neat, huh?).  I can't wait to play around with my lensbaby more.




(Greta, photographed May 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment