Sunday, November 14, 2010

Falling for New York


Today was a beautiful day in New York.  Although it is (gasp) already mid-November, it was unseasonably warm, with temperatures reaching the mid-sixties.  My friend from high school was visiting for the weekend (hi Meghan!), so we took full advantage of the great weather and strolled through the streets of Brooklyn.


And I, of course, took my camera with me.  But I didn't want to be a pain and make my dear friend wait while I switched lens and played around with my camera.  Nor did I feel like lugging my big camera bag around during our stroll.  So instead I took just my camera, upon which I mounted my new 85mm prime lens.  I have been so busy lately (maybe you could tell by the lack of recent posts) that I haven't really had a chance to break it in.  Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with it.





(NYC, photographed November 2010)

1 comment:

  1. Love that shot with the red trees. Fall colors are so brief, it's great to capture them.

    GLOSSING OVER IT

    ReplyDelete